Employee Tax Refund £50.00

ABS Service Accountancy & Bookkeeping Ltd can help you to get a tax refund (rebate) if you
  • Are employed and had too much tax taken from your pay
  • Have stopped work
  • Your tax code wasn’t correct
  • Sent a tax return and paid too much tax
  • Have paid too much tax on pension payments
  • Are about to leave the UK
You may also be able to reclaim tax
  • You’ve paid on savings interest if you’re on a low income
  • If you live in one country and have income in another - how you do this depends on whether you’re a UK resident with foreign income or a non-resident with UK income

Refund Now

Tax Relief for Employees

You may be able to claim tax relief if you have to use your own money for travel or things that you must buy for your job. You can only claim relief on things that are just used for your work, and that you don’t use in your private life.

You must keep records of what you’ve spent, and claim within 4 years of the end of the tax year that you spent the money.

If your employer has paid back your expenses, you can’t claim tax relief.

The way you receive tax relief for your work expenses depends on the amount of your claim.

Claims up to £2,500. If your claim is £2,500 or less, HMRC normally gives you relief for your expenses through your tax code straight away. If you claim an estimated figure, they will review it at the end of the year. They will make any adjustments that are needed in your tax code for the next tax year.

Claims over £2,500. If your expenses claim is for more than £2,500 HMRC will give you relief in your tax code for the current year and for the next one - and send you a tax return to fill in. They will also check your tax calculation for the previous year.

You may be able to claim tax relief on the cost of:

    • Buying, repairing or replacing small tools you need to do your job, eg scissors or an electric drill
    • Cleaning, repairing or replacing specialist clothing, eg a uniform or safety boots
    • Fuel costs / millage - use your own vehicle on business or for fuel you buy when you use a company car (You can’t claim for travelling to where you work, unless it’s a temporary place of work)
    • Public transport costs (business travel)
    • Hotel accommodation if you have to stay overnight (business travel)
    • Food and drink (business travel)
    • Congestion charges and tolls
    • Parking fees
    • Business phone calls, fax and photocopying costs
    • You can reclaim tax on fees or subscriptions you pay to some approved professional organisations - but only if you must have membership to do your job or it’s helpful for your work
    • You may be able to get tax back for some of the bills you have to pay because you have to work at home on a regular basis
    • You can only claim for things to do with your work, eg business telephone calls or the extra cost of gas and electricity for your work area





Agnes FilipowiczCEO Director/Accountant
Patricia CharltonBookkeeper

Office Address

  • 370-372 West Road (Upstairs)
    NE4 9JY, Newcastle upon Tyne
    Phone: +44 (0191) 44 777 67

Our Certificate